The Watson Baptist Church began as a Mission extension of Jackson Township Baptist Church in 1895. The first church, “The New Zion Baptist Church” started with 17 members at the White School House, later the place of worship was changed to the old Presbyterian Church. Mrs. Cannon of Mason presented a church bell to the church in 1904.
A new church was built in 1969 and the name became “The Watson Baptist Church”. The land was donated by Glen and Agnes Martin. The church continued to grow and an addition was added in 1984. There have been 29 pastors to date.
100 N Old Watson Rd Watson IL 62473 US