Over 94 years ago, God cast the vision for a church in the Aynor community. Sam Dunmore, Arthur Dewitt, Sarah McQueen, Francis Best, Bessie Burroughs and Lula Dunmore met at the Coastline Railroad Depot. In 1920, the church was built and named St. Elizabeth Missionary Baptist Church.
Over the years, we have become strong in the Lord, our membership has increased, and ministries have been developed and continue to expand.
Presently, the Church conducts Worship Services each Sunday; as well as, Christian education and training through Bible Study and Sunday school. Our choirs include a Youth Choir and Male Choir. Serving in the community, we have an Outreach Ministry, Food Program, and a Van Ministry.
Partnering with other area churches, the Levister Community Development Center was established to provide tutorial programs and other services to foster community fellowship and growth.
As a part of our Prison Ministry, we participate with other churches in feeding over 1200 inmates during Thanksgiving at Turbeville Corrections, and eighty local inmates during Christmas at J. Reuben Long Detention Center.
Under the leadership of Reverend George E. Payton, we continue to foster the spirit of our humble beginnings because “We are the Church where everybody is somebody because we are a FAMILY”.